Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

, I am trying to replace the rear thermostat on my Baumatic

Hello, I am trying to replace the rear thermostat on my Baumatic BDW13. When i removed the old thermostat the holder came out as well. I am now trying to screw the holder back in but it does not appear to be binding on any thread! It is if there's just a hole with no corresponding thread to bind.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Are you replacing the wall thermostat?
Also are you replacing that one with the exact same thermostat or a different model?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am changing both thermostats at the base of the washer. the right hand one was no problem. the holder remained in place and i simply unscrewed the thermostat. with the difficult one right at the back, access is restricted but when i unscrewed the holder came out as well. obviously i cant get it to screw back in as if the hole for it is now too big. the holder has a thread.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gareth,
What you will need to do in this case is since the hole is stripped out is to use a larger screw. Something with a slightly larger thread.
The best thing to do is take the old screw with you to a local hardware store or home improvement store, they can help you pick a suitable replacement. Also you may want a new screw that is slightly longer as the replacement thermostats can come in slightly different with regards ***** ***** mounting etc;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Gareth.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the problem is that this is not just any screw but a specific one which protects the thermostat. This is stock no(###) ###-####M on partsmaster.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Yes I understand what you mean, but they local hardware store should have something you can use.
Additionally you could if you need to, use the existing screw if the threads are ok on the screw and drill out the original hole and use a nut that fits that screws thread.
You can check with Espares as well for new screw if you need one, or even Partsmaster as you mentioned;-)