Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a dimplex optimist dwr 20,it has a constant high pitched

Customer Question

I have a dimplex optimist dwr 20,it has a constant high pitched whistle when it is on .What can I do to rectify this. Many thanks Clive.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
You need to isolate where the whistle is coming from. It may be a motor bearing or a failing electronic component.
Can you tell if the whistle sound is coming from the control area or near the motor and mechanical parts.
Also do you have some good basic hand tools and any mechanical experience?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cant tell where exactly the noise is coming from,happens as soon as the fire is switched on.Got tools but not a lot of mech exp.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Clive, you will need to take it apart at least to the point where you can get closer to the whistling part. Once I know where the sounds is coming from I can guide you with where to get the part(s) and making this repair. Its all pretty easy to do if you take your time.
In any case I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Clive.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The component that is causing the whistle is on the circuit board and is marked buz1

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thank you Clive for checking that for me;-) that. That is the failed part. It is one of those things where it will get worse with time. In this case that board needs replacement(easy to do).
The best place to get that board is Listed below.
I will help you if you need me at no additional cost when you have the board. I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Clive!
Tech Michael
Please visit this site or for faster service call:
Phone 01803 394411 (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday)
http://www.torreelectrics.co.uk/acatalog/Dimplex_Optimist_electric_fire_Delaware_DWR20_element_flame_effect_thermostat_lamps_coal_effect.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Part was not available from them,got it from U K Spares.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clive its good you got it.
Do you need any further advice/
Tech Michael