Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have got a dishwasher blockage with the red led showing a

Customer Question

I have got a dishwasher blockage with the red led showing a tap - water is sat in the bottom.
The Neff GMBH model is about 5 years old and is type S9/51F
Please can you advise
many thanks
Chris
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Is the water you say sitting inside the dishwasher itself?
Is the drain pump running all the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is - and the pump (or what I think is the pump) tries to start each time I resent - but the water hardly gone down since this morning (just got home from work)

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok the first thing to check is the drain hose and were it drains out to. If it goes under a sink then remove the drain hose and the spigot it pushes onto and check there isn't anything blocked in there.
Hang the drain hose into a bucket and set it going on a cycle and it should pump the water out. If nothing isn't coming out give the drain hose a good shake and see if anything comes out from there.
If that's all ok then you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the side panel. Then remove the metal panel from the bottom on the front.
From there scoop out all the water from in there and then look underneath the dishwasher and there you will see the pump. You need to remove this and check there isn't anything stuck in there obstructing the pump.
Then retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Trying the pipe first ....:)

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries fingers crossed its blocked there as that will ssave pulling it all out.