Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I'm trying to replace the primary drive belt PHE285 on my

Hi I'm trying to replace the primary drive belt PHE285 on my tumble dryer DPU8340X and I can't figure out how the get the belt over the drive shaft. The drive shaft goes through the plastic body of the machine and drives the fan. It seems too long to be able to come out of the machine still attached to the motor but a can't see a split pin or circlip anything that's holding it in place. Any ideas? Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

This is a nightmare of a job that you have set yourself, you have to take out the drum assembly then feet the belt oven the fan and on to the ridged section of the motor. Once this is done put back the drum assy ~ it is not an easy job especially if you are doing it on your own ~ Ian