Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my zannussi intelli flo model zx99/5w , freezer working fridge

Customer Question

my zannussi intelli flo model zx99/5w , freezer working fridge is not allarm was going off yesterday but not today
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
How old is your fridge?
Also is there any frost or ice on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

5 year old i have just pulled out one of the trays and a little ice on the back wall of the freezer

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. The first thing to do is to be sure the units door seals look ok all the way around, let me know if you find any space between the seal and the door frame.
next if thats ok, you will need to defrost the unit completely with the doors open, for 24 hours. Some water will leak out and you can simply wipe that up with a clean dry towel.
Then plug the fridge back in and let it run for a week at the temp settings you usually use.
This will tell me if there is a problem with one of the defrost components. If the ice doesn't reappear and no alarm goes off you should be good to go, but if the alarm and ice return in this time period please let me know so I can work with you further to determine the bad component and replace it;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great weekend.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

door seals are all ok and clean from any debri or tears , holes.

you are saying the fridge but i have one plug for the whole fridge freezer unit , so is that the freezer door i need to leave open

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes theres only one plug for the entire unit that needs to be unplugged so there is no power going to the fridge/freezer.
Then yes leave both doors open during the 24 hour period so it will defrost fully;-)
Please rate kindly at this time, i will be here no additional cost to rate;-)
Have a nice weekend.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After over 24 hrs the freezer is working fine but after 2 hours or so now their is no cold air coming into the fridge .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries. -- can you give me the product code or pnc on the rating plate and can you also let me have the type of refrigerant it will be either R134a or R600a ~ Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pro-928405946 R600a

Thanks give ,me a minute and I'll dig out the specs - when you are back on the site give me a ping and I'll talk to you about how to fault find and repair - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also the S light is on

OK in the first instance you will need to check that the fan is running in the freezer section as this is used to circulate the cold air up into the fridge area, if this is frozen up or the vents are blocked with ice the refrigerator will not cool - Can you also hear a hissing if you put your hear a hissing in the fridge as the gas circulates - Ian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the freezer is working fine and the fridge is a little cool at the top but not the bottom

I understand this point but it is the fridge that we are considering, can you confirm that the fan is running and that you can hear a hissing as the gas circulates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cant hear anything at this moment and time but the fridge seems to be cooling

OK keep and eye on it and if necessary come back to me the priority is with the freezer and secondly with the fridge - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the temprature alarm has just started again in the last half hour

OK can you put your hand on the motor at the back and tell me if it is hot or just warm and can you hear the fan in the freezer going??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the fan in the freezer is going and i have pulled the unit out from the wall now at the bottom there is a black box , if thats the motor it is hot

OK this is your problem the appliance is short of refrigerant, what is happening is that there is insufficient refrigerant to cool both the fridge and freezer. This is not a diy job it requires specialist tools and knowledge. If you give me your postcode I will give you a link to a local company that will be able to help - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

many thanks

G75 8YZ

Click the link below fill in the boxes and this will give you a list of local engineers -

Find An Engineer

Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below this allows me to shut down the job but give you all further queries free of charge _ Ian