Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The spring on the childlock on my exxcel dishwasher has come

The spring on the childlock on my exxcel dishwasher has come off. How can I replace it?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
May I have the full model # ***** your dishwasher?
Also please explain what spring fell off was it from the switch?
And is your a dial type controller or an electronic control with soft buttons.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model details from door

SPS53E12GB/23

SD4P1B

Electronic controller

The spring is from the switch (the tab was pulled hard and the whole tab came out)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ann for that information. The switch needs to be replaced.
your unit has a switch module. To fix that switch you must replace the switch module.
The best place to got that for price, quality and overnight shipping is Espares.
I will help you replace this if you are mechanically handy and have some basic tools, otherwise it would be best have this done by an appliance technician or a handy guy you may know;-)
I have listed their contact information below.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Ann.
Tech Michael
Ann please contact Espares:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael, will any damage be done by using the dishwasher without this switch in place? I do not need it to be childproof.

Ann

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi no damage will occur, but make sure it is covered well with some good electrical tape ;-)
You can leave it that way if you wish with no issues other than no child safety lock;-)
Have a great weekend Ann.
Please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael