Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Have a Hotpoint fridge freezer fridge is working fine since

Have a Hotpoint fridge freezer fridge is working fine since I did a freezer shop at weekend and filled freezer (typical) the freezer seems to be shutting off the bottom have seems frozen but the top half is cold but bread etc is soft. It keeps going of and have to push stanby button for it to start again then it will be ok for a few hours and then beep and go off does this mean its knackered!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
May I have the full model # ***** age of your fridge?
Also is there any heavy frost or ice forming on the rear walls of the inside of the freezer section?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Micheal sorry was out today are you still ok to help

It is a Hotpoint fridge/freezer large full size fridge and freezer not sure where to find exact model no.it says cold shower system inside it is about 10 years old now . There is ice now starting to form at the back but there are vents on all shelves apart from one

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sylvia yes I'm here to help;-)
The very first thing to do is look inside the freezer on the walls to see if you see the tag with the model and serial #'s
Please let me know what you find there?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No seriel numbers inside of fridge!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sylvia,
it can be hard to locate on these, but usually its on one of the side walls inside.Or possibly when you open the door, it may be on the chassis frame or the door somewhere itself.
We may need that if what we tell you to do doesn't work for long.
What you need to do, is empty the freezer and defrost the unit for 24 full hours with the door open.
You can use a towel to wipe up any leaking water. Also you should do this with the freezer unplugged from power, that will give the main control board time enough to reset fully.
Once that time period is up, wipe out the water inside the freezer then plug the unit back in and let it run with the temp setting where you normally keep it. Give the freezer a week and let me know how it runs and if the beeping has stopped as it should. If this is more serious you may need to replace a component in the auto defrost section but this is a good way for you to tell without ripping the unit apart lol;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great weekend Sylvia!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.