Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have recently moved house and now have a Warming Drawer N21H40NOGB

Customer Question

I have recently moved house and now have a Warming Drawer N21H40NOGB mounted under a Microwave Oven C57M 70NO. The warming drawer has stopped working. Have I dome something wrong. If so now do I get it working again.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
How old is the warmer?
Also is there any signs of life from the warmer draw? A light or a sound etc?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think the warmer is about 3/4yrs old. No signs of life

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have replied, 3/4yrs old, no signs of life. I am still waiting for a response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I still have had no response to my problem raised with you on the 6th. Is there going to be one?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm sorry for that delay I have been having an issue here with my web connection, hopefully its all fixed now as they say;-)
Do you have a meter for checking a couple of things on your warmer circuit?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not sure what you mean by meter. Do you mean some sort of handheld equipment or are you talking about the circuit board

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, yes the meter is a hand help simple device that can tell us if there is a bad fuse somewhere that is causing this problem.
But if the warmer is completely dead, no light etc, the problem is going to be either, the circuit board or power not getting to the circuit board.
First we need to be sure power is getting to the warmer, you can do this with a simple inexpensive test light available at almost any hardware store.
Please let me know if you want to test this?
I will help you with this all the way;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If this is available from B&Q tell me what I need and I will acquire one tomorrow

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, I'm not familiar with B & O, but any local hardware store or even a Radio Shack will have a simple to use cheap meter for this so we can determine if you need the board or just a fuse etc.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you are not familiar with B&Q you are obviously not operating from UK

No matter, you need to be more specific as to the name of this meter. I cannot go into a store and simply ask for a "cheap meter". Perhaps if you told me what this meter does and how I am going to use it.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, that is correct I'm in the US, but work with the same equipment and know what is needed to determine what the problem is. I wouldn't want you to spend a lot of money on a part that may not be needed;-)
But our stores here are mainly different companies, the meter is a generic piece of test equipment needed to test the fuse and to be sure you are getting the required voltage to the warmer draw. You need to check that to be sure the unit is actually getting power to the board.
I hope that helps you understand what I'm trying to help you with.
If you are still unsure or have any further questions about that please ask me I'm here to be helpful. I help customers from all over the world everyday ;-)
Thanks George.
Tech Michael