George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Zanussi zsf2420 , just wondering if anybody knows why

Zanussi zsf2420
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows why the above machine might start leaking below the front door. It starts shortly after the machine is switched so i guess it is filling with water and then overflows from the 'low lip' that is just inside the machine.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Is this the lower lip of the door, or the lower edge of the kick panel?

Customer: Hi George
Customer: it he lip I'm talking about isn't part of the front door it is just inside the machine
Customer: Wish I could send a picture
George-Allsorts :

so you mean it starts leaking as soon as the water hits the glass?

George-Allsorts :

Did you see that question?

Customer: There isn't a glass door on this model, it' just has a plastic door
George-Allsorts :

Sorry, not glass ,,, door

Customer: it is a small half size dishwasher
Customer: just seeing if I can send a picture somehow
George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the product code or the PNC from the label at the side edge of the door please

Customer: it is a zsf2420
Customer: zanussi
George-Allsorts :

That is the model number... Ther should be a product code or PNC starting with a 9 also

Customer: i will look down the side
George-Allsorts :

OK thanks... Open the door and the label should be on the right hand edge... That is the normal place for it

Customer: Pnc 911 559 012 00
George-Allsorts :

That's it... thatnks... I'll be right back

Customer: Ok
Customer: thank you George
George-Allsorts :

I have just looked at the system you have and I can see that the level of water in your dishwasher is controlled by a pressure switch.... Either this pressure switch has become faulty, or, the hose to the pressure switch has become blocked

Customer: Ah ok, is it something I can unblock
George-Allsorts :

Yes, if it is blocked, you can remove the hose from the bottom of the pressure switch and blow down it... If that works then you can put the appliance on a hot wash with nothing in it to try clear any debris that causes the hose to block

Customer: Where is it, are there any pictures you can give
George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

They are placed normally behind the right hand panel or under the lid

Customer: Let me see
George-Allsorts :

On this one.. The Zanussi diagrams show it behind the inner panel of the door

George-Allsorts :

When you are ready, I would like to ask you to take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems

Customer: Hi George, bit stuck on this one as the door is completely sealed with special screws (star shaped) and I can see no opening where a pipe goes in that could be cleared out. The only bit is where you put the soap tablet or rinse solution in. Am I looking in the right place?? Any chance of a diagram?
George-Allsorts :

The star shaped screws are T20 Torx Screws and once you undo them the outer panel will come of to reveal the contents therein

George-Allsorts :

Here is a location diagram from Zanussi

George-Allsorts :

Diagram

George-Allsorts :

Please now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair