Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

After a burst water main in our area, the water pressure was

After a burst water main in our area, the water pressure was redused for several hours. This occured during the night and when we got up in the morning we found the dishwasher still running from the night before. I do realise you're not supposed to do this, and we don't normally, but on this occasoin we did. When we opened the dishwasher alarm E5 (water intake malfunction) was showing. When the water pressure returned to normal, I tried to start the washing cycle from where it had stalled. The alarm signalled the same fault. I then turned the dishwasher off again - left it off for 5 minutes or so and then turned it back on and selected the same cycle. The dishwasher appeared to start as it normally would but after a few minutes the dishwasher bleeped a couple of times and the alarm signaled the same fault again. I repeated the same process a couple of more times with no success. Can you please give me any advice to get the dishwasher up and running again. The model number is ***** and the description on one of the documents describes it as Smeg Trade p. Cucina F/Int. D/W Slimline and we got it in 2007
Thanks very much.
Derick Forrest
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

That's fine. There's no great hurry. Look forwad to hearing from you.

Dales-Electronic :

I'm trying to find the microprocessor reset instructions for this model, we can then do a reset and hopefully you will be back in business ~ Ian

Customer:

OK thanks.

Dales-Electronic :

Can you check the model number again, DL409CA is not listed on the Smeg engineers site?

Customer:

I'm very sorry for not responding sooner. I've not been well. We have rechecked the paperwork we have and found another reference to the model number. We now think it should be DI 409 CA. Hope you can find the information from this. Thanks again.

Customer:

Just a bit concerned that we've not had a response from you re the note I sent you on the evening of the 8th giving you the dishwasher model number. Is there a further problem?

Dales-Electronic :

Reset procedure _

Dales-Electronic :

a. Open the door, b. Switch off the machine. c. Switch on the machine and as soon as you press the on/off, press the program 4 times within 3 seconds. This will illuminate the two end lights Now press the program button once. Now switch off the machine. This will reset the appliance and if there are no further problems you should be OK if not come back to me and we can tryh th

Dales-Electronic :

try the alternate method - Ian

Customer:

Thanks Ian, we'll try this tomorrow. We're a couple of oldies who need our sleep before trying what you've suggested to give our dishwasher the kiss of life. I'll get back to you to let you know the outcome of this adventure.Thanks again. Derick.

Dales-Electronic :

OK I will be travelling home from Chester to Boston in the afternoon so should be around after 8pm - Ian

Customer:

The dishwasher is up and running. We can't thank you enough. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to you at some points in our communications, but my health situation and other issues, that had to take priority over the past few days, resulted in me not being able to reply to you as I would have wished. I'll now get on with rating your service and my wife asked if it was possible to give you 11 out 10. Once again, thank you very very much for helping us with this problem.