George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, I have an integrated dishwasher model number ESL6370R0,

Hi, I have an integrated dishwasher model number ESL6370R0, PNC *********** For the second time since I've had it, the exit pump runs constantly all the time power is supplied to the unit,me en when it is switched off at the unit on/ off. I have to switch it off at the circuit breaker to get the pump to stop. After a short while, I get three bleeps telling me that the anti-flood has kicked in, and I can't get it to reset.
I've seen advice that says take the kick plate away and look at the pump inspection chamber. I've taken the kick plate away but can't see anything that resembles a inspection area.
The first time it did it, a few months ago, it rectified itself but it's returned. The first time it was under warranty but now it's 13 months old! Any thoughts gratefully received.
Duncan
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Duncan, my name is George.. I'm not constantly available so kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses.

Customer: Hi George. Thanks for this, but I thought the system said you were available? I really need to try and resolve this as I have a mountain of washing as a result of the dishwasher being offline for a could of days
George-Allsorts :

This type of issue is caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance.. It is not just a case of removing an inspection panel.. Remove the appliance from the housing and tip it backwards at 45 degrees.. Let me know if water comes from the base at the rear

George-Allsorts :

I am here at the moment yes

Customer: Will do although this will take a few minutes as its built in. Will be back to you shortly.
George-Allsorts :

OK

George-Allsorts :

Can you re-type the PNC as it is not showing... Preceed the numbers by # ***** I should then be able to see it

Customer: PNC is #91143501405. Just removed it and yes, there's water exiting somewhere in the rear as soon as I tip it. Thoughts? Should I remove all of the water?
George-Allsorts :

Power the appliance OFF and remove the right hand side panel to examine for areas where water is coming from... this will need sorting.. at the same time you can mop any remaining water...

The base on this appliance normally has a removable panel for access to any parts for replacement

George-Allsorts :

I will be going offline shortly. But you can eave me a message if you need to come back to me...

George-Allsorts :

Once you have found the leaking part I can advise you on where to get a replacement

Customer: Have done that and removed the sound proofing. How will I see what's leaking if I can't turn the power on and see it flowing? There's definitely residue in the bottom of the unit but difficult to tell where from?
Customer: Hi, not sure if my previous message went though. I've taken the side off and the sound proofing and there's signs of residue in the bottom, but how do I work out what's leaking nothing's obvious?
George-Allsorts :

Hi, The residue will indicate the area of the problem... Once you have nailed the approximate area then put some water into the dishwasher by pouring it into the user area, then look for water leaking in the area near to the residue

George-Allsorts :

I will be in and out today, but will keep checking back to see your progress; so please leave a diary of events here and I shall resond when I can.

Customer: Hi, back again. Filled it up but no sign of any leaks. On the basis that it was 2-3 months since the last one, I can only assume that it's a very slight leak that accumulates over time. Have put it back together and it's now working okay. Touch wood it stays that way but when it becomes a problem again, at least I know what's wrong and can get somebody out to look at it. Thanks for your help. D
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair