Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

MEK7000/4This built-in food processor and mixer has stopped

Customer Question

MEK7000/4 This built-in food processor and mixer has stopped turning on and off. It is very heavy to return. Can you help me find a technician - probably an electronic node in the switching mechanism is faulty since an electrician says there appears nothing wrong with the mechanics? I really need (I am 78) someone wo will come and fix it in situ. Thanks, ***** ***** XXXXXXX

NB it is not in situ NOW but the technician took it out for me to take back but it is heavy!

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

From what you have said I would think it is the switch that is faulty does it run at all?

JACUSTOMER-fixdckr9- :

The information in my question told you that it is no longer installed! So, no, it is not working at all now and nor was it before the electrician came to look at it and we do think, as you suggest, the problem is likely to be in the switching mechanism. One can get that spare part but it is pretty pricey and I am not sure it is worth it. As I said, I think I need someone who understands the electronics. There was no loss of power to the unit and the fan belts or whatever they are called that turn were fine which is why my guy said he thought the problem was likely to be in the electronics - perhaps a node in the switching mechanism. Do you do call-outs? Do you have experience of this particular item?

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

In your original post you did not indicate that the appliance was out only that the food mixer was heavy, however if you can give me your postcode I will find you an engineer that will help you with the problem - Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But I did tell you! :

'NB it is not in situ NOW but the technician took it out for me to take back but it is heavy!'

Thanks for looking - My post code in London is W9 1BG

http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/find-an-appliance-engineer.html

if you go to the above website, put in your postcode and fill in the boxes it will direct you to a local engineer that will resolve your problem ~ would you rate the information given to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to shut down the job but give you the facility to ask further questions free of charge - Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can't right now but will and then rate.

Thanks,

Annette Lawson

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Alas, they do not list food processors/mixers/blenders at all whether free standing or built in

In this case your only other option is to return it to Bosch Small Appliance Department to have it repaired and returned ~ I have given you a link below ~~

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/small-appliance-repairs.html

Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know about that and again, Ian - I said right at the beginning I did not want to have to return it.

However, thanks for trying - just I already knew each answer and had given enough information for you to have realised the only thing I needed was to find someone who would come out to the job who was qualified so to do.

Lets see if I can find you someone else, the problem is that most engineers think that there is too much hassle repairing small appliances and that they cant make any money doing so. Yours however is quite simple to repair and with it being built in Bosch worth doing ~ leave it with me for a day or so and I'll see if I can find a local repairshop that will do it for you ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see that You have had a refund so assume you do not want me to take this any further. Thank You for visiting JustAnswer ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Th refund was for over-charging me in the first place - nothing to do with this question nor your answers..

Maybe there is no-one out there who is qualified to do this.

Oh Ok, it comes up as a full refund on my system ~ leave it with me i'll get you a name tomorrow ~ Ian