Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch TWK8633GB Kettle Temp Control, Styline Range Black Gloss

Bosch TWK8633GB Kettle Temp Control, Styline Range Black Gloss (TWK8633GB)
Bought 26/01/2012
Rattle in bottom part of kettle, noticed when de-scaling yesterday. Now kettle won't work at all. Temperature indicator and button bleep, but no heating of water follows. Surely should not break completely after only three years?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
If the unit hasn't been dropped then it sounds like the heating element has cracked(thats the rattle).
If you are handy and have some basic tools I can help you get that part and replace it, let me know on that.
If not you would need to send it in for this repair and I can provide the best place for that as well;-)
Please let me know how you want to proceed.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband is handier than me, so I will ask him to help. Which tools should he get from the shed. It is well cold here on the beach, so only one trip at this closing of the day.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Lol I understand cold here too on the shore in the US.
Before you get tools together if you feel you can handle this repair, we need to order the part that needs to be replaced.
Below is the site is listed below for your convenience I have also included their phone # ***** its best to call for this part so please call them on this one;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Anne!
Tech Michael
Anne here is the information you need:
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/kettle/twk8633gb01/catalogue.pl?shop=bosch&path=128605&model_ref=962686
Or call them: 0344(###) ###-####
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No this won't do - the parts on the site are not helpful. They mention only a filter. Ours in fine. The rubber stand is not the point. And the new base costs far more than a new kettle would. Any other ideas?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anne, thats why I mentioned for you to call them rather than use the site, they don't list all the components in there.
The element, if they still sell it separate from the base, would be about $25.00 US.
But they may no longer sell it as a separate component.
in this case, you have two options. You can call Bosch and set up a repair with them where you send it to them for the fix, and they may do this cheap for you since it is so new.
Or replace the kettle.
It really is a shame that the element has cracked but they will from time to time. And thats with any brand unfortunately. Please call them to see if they still sell just the heating element.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do Anne.