Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a siemens serie IQ 1634 washing machine and I honestly

Customer Question

I have a siemens serie IQ 1634 washing machine and I honestly don't know what I've done (if anything) but I'm trying to was another load, I have power ect, selected the temperature etc and when I hit the flashing Stop Start button, all I get is the 3 bleeps and then nothing. The machine usually starts to fill and start washing. What am I doing wrong please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Door shut properly ~ child lock off?

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Hi Ian, I'm Alan. I think the child lock is off. How do I check and yes, door is shut properly

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me dig out the specs

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

OK

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Any luck?

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the full model number ~ IQ1634 is not listed as a genuine Siemens model, should be in the door opening.

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Ah, I can see the following E-Nr WIQ1634GB/ 03 FD 8406 700025

Dales-Electronic :

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

You're welcom

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

*welcome

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Hi Ian, have you found anything for me please?

Dales-Electronic :

Just downloading the manual which will allow you to reset the program and try again, has the display given you and error code and is the drain and filter clean ?

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

No error code and have checked filter and drain and everything is OK

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me an email address us (at) rather than @ and I will send the manual across to you ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

typo 'use'

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

it's *****@******.***

Dales-Electronic :

I cant read it if you put @ in the address please use (at) the system picks it up as an email address and blanks it out for the experts

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Sorry***@******.***

Dales-Electronic :

Tks be with you in a mo

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Are you just sending me the manual Ian?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes to start with it gives the reset procedure ~ whilst you are doing that I will check if this model has a beep code listing

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

OK

Dales-Electronic :

OK the only other thing listed for a Siemens washer with 3 beeps is that there is a fault with the heater circuit ~ did it heat the water during the last wash?

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Ok, I've checked to see if the child lock is off and it is. The manual refers to an 'Extras' button. I can't see anything that shows on the display screen that say 'Extras'?

Dales-Electronic :

You have to select it through the programs I wouldn't worry about those it is only if you want to add something 'extra' to a particular program, it wouldn't stop you washer from work, a fa

Dales-Electronic :

a faulty heater would cause the washer to abort before it started which seems to be your problem?

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

There is a 'Finished at' time on the display. I can't remember seeing that before

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

I've pressed the 'stop/ start button', got the usual 3 bleeps and the 'stop/start' button is flashing.

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Is that the delayed start function I've seen in the manual?

Dales-Electronic :

Now press the stop/start again once and tell me what happens looks like you may have set the delayed start timer by mistake ?

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

OK, Pressed it for a good 10 seconds and nothing happens. The button is flashing still and no beep

Dales-Electronic :

No just press it once and let it go don't keep it held in

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

OK, pressed once and let go. Still the same also pressed the cancel button on the top left and still nothing happens.

Dales-Electronic :

OK put the plug out of the wall/switch off the electric leave it for ten minutes and reconnect and see if that has cleared it ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Ok, will let you know what happens in about 15mins then

JACUSTOMER-xs28n00q- :

Hi Ian, Plugged back in and still getting the same thing so will give it another go

Dales-Electronic :

You have accidently put it the delay on, switch the machine on and let it complete the delay/program and it should work normally