Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

there, we have an Aeg/Electrolux dd9996- cooker hood -

Hi there, we have an Aeg/Electrolux dd9996-b cooker hood - its not opening in a one touch operation, but opens in several painful stages & now its not closing and allowing a really cold draft into the house. We spent £5000 on AEG stuff and had nothing but problems with it all - this is the final straw. I so regret buying this make! ANY HELP APPRECIATED

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand your frustration.
How old is your range hood?
Also is the issue that you have to keep trying the switch until it seems to open fully?
Please explain.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, its about 3yrs old. Yes - I put my finger on the button and it opens about an inch. I have to keep doing this until it fully opens then switches on. I was able to close it up until this week. But know it won't close at all.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Susan,
when you press the button, do you hear anything when it doesn't do what is is supposed to? Or is it silent?
Also is this the only part of the hood that isn't working correctly?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I hear the beep & it shifts and inch. I have to keep repeating this until it get to the fan switch on point. It works ok 'when its open'.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Susan, great description!
This is a failing vent opener motor. It will need to be replaced to fix this.
If you are handy and have basic good hand tools you could do this with my assistance and we can help you with the best place to order that part.
But if not you will need to have a local appliance repair tech do this for you. I agree its ridiculous that the part failed so soon.
In any case I will help in anyway I can and I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great weekend Susan.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help - any idea on price?

We have paid out hundreds on our appliances already. Our water supply on our American Fridge Freezer failed & we replaced the door (on the advice of the engineer we paid for) - the water tap still doesn't work and the tube keeps freezing. We have spent over £300 on our dishwasher with several faults - one being last week - a rubber gasget failing & leaking. Our Microwave lights don't work anymore. The coffee machine had a major fault (within the guarantee) and was replaced. And now the cooker hood. They are all AEG/Electrolux, bought at the same time and as you already know - I think they are an expensive let-down.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Susan, the part is about $ 80.00 US.
But the repair cost will depend on exactly where you are located but typically the entire job should be around $ 120.00, if the tech is honest with you;-)
I hope that helps and I'm happy to help!
You can contact me anytime after rating for further info should you require additional advice on this.
I wish you the very best on this.
Thank you Susan.
Tech Michael