Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a tricity bendix 1200 washing machine/dryer. The machine

Customer Question

I have a tricity bendix 1200 washing machine/dryer. The machine will not run through a rinse/drain cycle at all. I have checked the appliance as suggested in the manual to ensure drain not blocked, filter clean and clear, and these were fine. Is it possible to reset the machine? Any suggestions?
Thank you for your assisatnce.
TJ
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also is it stopping full of water?
Will the drum turn at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Daniel. I believe the model is WDR 1240 W.

The machine stops full of water which I drain manually.

The machine will do a spin, however I believe only once drained and the door has been opened. The spin does not appear to assist as the water will not drain out. It will also do a dry cycle, however the cloths are just as wet as the water does not drain.

I hope this info is helpful and please let me know if you need more.

Thanks for your assistance.

Tony.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. This washer as a mechanical timer on it rather then an electronic control board so theres no reset at all you can do on this.
If its not draining on its own then that will be why its playing up.
As the filter is clear then you need to remove the pump and check to see if theres anything in there.
To get at the pump on this make sure theres no water at all in there at all and then lay the dishwasher on its front. Place some towels on the floor. Then from there look under the washer at the front and you will see the pump. Remove the screws on there and then you can remove the pump. From there clear out any debris that's stuck in there. Then make sure the impeller on the pump turns ok. It should ping round in stages. If its stiff to turn then the pump will need to be replaced.
Then stand it upright and retry the washer and fingers crossed that's sorted it. But just make sure all the water is out of the washer before laying it on its front.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Daniel,

You mentioned a dishwasher. I apologise if I said the wrong thing, but it is a washing machine/dryer combo. Does your answer still hold in this instance?

Thanks again.

Tony.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that. I just wrote the wrong thing I did mean washing machine
So all the above still applies to your washer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Daniel. The answer is helpful and comprehensive, however I shall call an appliance engineer to service the machine.

Regards,

Tony.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries. Fingers crossed its just a blockage so it will be a cheaper repair for you.
But if you do need anymore info on this then just get back to me.