George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have a optima XL4 alarm system linked to 2 internal sensors

hi i have a optima XL4 alarm system linked to 2 internal sensors 1 smoke detector and door, my question is why would my alarm be sounding at random times like 5am even though the system has not been set?.
The alarm went off while i was asleep and was not set as if i was leaving the house but it went off and no fire to set smoke alarm off, so any help or information would be appreciated thanks.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The alarm can sound if the PCB in the control panel loses power, or, if a component on the PCB becomes defective causing the power to the PCB to become disconnected even though the main power has not been.

Customer:

how would i know if there is a pcb fault

Customer:

also there is power to the unit because i can reset it

George-Allsorts :

If the alarm is not set but the alarm is still sounding... You personally can not test it.. you need an alarm engineer to do this

Customer:

ok thank

Customer:

thanks

George-Allsorts :

You're welcome

Customer:

will get a alarm engineer out to it

Customer:

much appreciated