George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an Indesit FIE 56 K. 1X GB/1 electric cooker. Recently

I have an Indesit FIE 56 K.B 1X GB/1 electric cooker. Recently it has started to trip the mains electric supply when the grill is turned on and has heated up to a certain temperature. Grill element has been bent at some point and wife tried to bend it back up. This has resulted in cracks appearing down the length of the element in some places. Could this be the reason for the tripping? Is it expensive to replace or is it worth getting a new cooker?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The element is the cause of the tripping and it needs replacing.

The element can be found at this link

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

I can talk you through changing it after you have purchased one if you need.

Customer:

Hiya George

Customer:

Thanks for the info. How easy is it to fit an element and does your advice on fitting come as part of the £20 already paid?

Customer:

Best Regards

Customer:

Chris

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I saw this on my page so I will try to help you.
How old is your cooker?
Also does it trip the breaker when it reaches the desired temp no matter what you set the temp to?
Tech Michael

Hi Chris, sorry I didn't respond straight away; I have been away all day today.

Elements are easy to fit by removing the rear panel of the cooker and unsecuring the element from the inside, then taking off the wiring from the old element and fitting it to the new element once fitted...

There will be no extra cost for the extra advice when you need it... Just leave me a message and I will respond to you when I become available..

Chris, please rate the assistance given, if you don't mind.. This will prevent too many other unnecessary responses from other engineers.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair