Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Blomberg gsn9121 Can not get machine to fill with water.Have

Blomberg gsn9121
Can not get machine to fill with water.Have checked inlet,does appear to be any problems there...help:))
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you hear a pump running all the time?
Has this been stored?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There appears to be a pump working as the machine will empty when water is manually put in the base of the dishwasher.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shirley

OK, so when you pour water in the base and start a new cycle, it pumps the water out, right? What happens then? Is there a humming noise?

Has this been stored or unused for a long time? If so where and how long for?

How old is the machine?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ,there is a humming noise then it goes quiet.the machine has been installed for two years and used very little over that period of time.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shirley

OK this sounds like the inlet valve has stuck shut

To be able to test this you would have to have a multimeter and be happy to test for 240v at the inlet valve when the machine is trying to fill.
If the voltage is there, the valve is faulty and will need to be replaced
(Just a thought, just make sure no ne has turned the water off to the dishwasher).

If you are not able to do this, I could try and get you an all inclusive quote for a repair, I would just need your postcode.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob