Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The oven timer has never worked on our Electrolux cooker which

The oven timer has never worked on our Electrolux cooker which we have had for about 3 years. We have used oven timers before on other cookers but this one just doesn't work. It is an EKC603600K, Serial number 11108113.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me exactly what happens when you try to set the timer?
Did you contact Electrolux whilst it was under warranty?
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When the oven timer is set to go off at a certain time, the oven doesn't turn off even though the manual says that it will. It starts to beep when it hits the chose time but the oven stays on.

We didn't contact the manufacturer during the warranty period as we hadn't tried using the oven timer. We only use it occasionally and, I suppose, we didn't have occasion to use it during that period.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

So, if you set it to come on at a predertimed time, it will start, but then just not turn off?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have never managed to figure out how to get it to come on automatically. The instructions are very unclear. But setting it to switch off is clearer but it has never worked. It may just be that the cooker is faulty?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

I agree.
sounds like the timer is faulty.
What a shame you didnt try it while it was still under warranty!

I am afraid that now its out of warranty, it would be down to you to bear the cost of the replacement timer. These are not cheap, sorry!

If you like I can get a price for the part for you?
However, in the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob