Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

have an ageing but perfectly working integrated fridge. seperate

Customer Question

have an ageing but perfectly working integrated fridge.
seperate from the freezer)
recently purchased new hinges but am unable to hang the door square and it does not close properly and the light remains on
model 7461.c
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

As you will be aware DeDeitrich has gone bust so there is little technical information available and what is usually refers to the specifications and working rather than installation. Can you advise whether the facia door (the wooden bit) is fitted to the door of the refrigerator or to the cabinet ?

JACUSTOMER-ncfo20vi- :

Thanks, ***** ***** to the fridge door, but it is the fridge door that will not fit square

Dales-Electronic :

Candidly, as a fridge engineer of 25 years there is only one way to do this be it means taking the fridge out. Once out lay it on its back and fit the refrigerator door on correctly, this may mean adjusting either the top or bottom hinges or even both. Doing it this way gravity is keeping the seals correctly placed all you have to do is get the right to left positioning correct. Once this is done you can sort out the facia panel ~ Ian