Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a Worcester Bosch Junior24i RSF boiler with the

Customer Question

I have a Worcester Bosch Junior24i RSF boiler with the infamous control board failure (part number ********** . Since this is the 4 board to fail in 12 months, and their costing me about £150 to get replaced each time, I'm wondering if anyone knows which component it is on the board that tends to fail. I'd be delighted if I could have a fixed board in reserve for the next time the heating goes off!
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , do you live anywhere hanger lane , London?

Customer:

If you do , there's ac place that does reconditioned boards cheap , but I don't know what goes wrong on them . but 4 is nuts. There must be something else wrong . are you sure you don't have a water leak that's dropping onto the board.

JACUSTOMER-gk0mslj9- :

No, no water leak affecting the boards, nor anything else environmental which is making them fail... just a run of particularly bad luck it seems. I'm an electronics engineer and I could track down the faulty part with a bit of time.... I was just trying to short-cut finding the specific component. Not like WB to be that bad, but I've heard the RSF 24i and 28i are notorious for it.

They are pretty bad , but i think most boiler engineers dont have the electronics knowledge to work out the faulty component unless its obviously burnt out.