Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Hoover tumble dryer is getting fluff between the door seal

My Hoover tumble dryer is getting fluff between the door seal and the glass of the door. I have been told by a Hoover technician that this is common. Can you confirm this and what can be done to stop this happening again?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number of the dryer please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The dryer number is ***** 68B

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that. If you are getting fluff into the door then this going to be a faulty door seal. That's the only thing that will cause this.
I think I know why the engineer said that. Its because its not a easy seal to fit. You need to remove the complete front panel of the dryer and then you can replace it from there.
Its a bit of a strip down to replace this. That's probberly why they said that. As its one of these faults were its not actually stopping the dryer from working so some engineers will leave faults like this. I do know few engineers like this.
But it can be fixed as all it needs its a new door seal fitting to it and that will stop it from happeing again. If you are looking at doing this yourself then you need to remove the front panel off the dryer and then you can access it from there.
Copy and paste the link below for the part.
http://www.hooverspares.co.uk/product/40005393/Tumble+Dryer+Door+Seal