Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a intergrated fridge 10 years old( maybe) The fault

I have a intergrated fridge 10 years old( maybe) The fault appears in the control panel temperature display, not showing temp only O or part of 8 in the panel. Try to adjust but always returns to O. Local service agent closed on FRIday. can you advise on problem. and spare part reqd? many thanks . John
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the product number (pnc). It will be on the sticker on the inside of the fridge and will start with a 9. But you need to prefix it with an A otherwise it gets crossed out.
Eg A912345678
As the 0 on the display is a temperature sensor fault and it depends on the product number as to how its fixed as some you can replace the sensor and others you need to replace the control board.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi There very sorry about the delay in my answere. Model no. is pnc ********* and other no is 14937094. many thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry about getting back to me that's not a problem.
But im afraid the pnc number has been crossed out. You need to prefix it with an A as if you don't all I see is XXXXXXXXX
Eg A912345678
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you again Daniel. there is no prefix A on the unit. However. it is PNC A ********* I hope this will help to resolve the problem.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Im sorry the number just isnt comming through.

I know there isnt an A on the pnc its something you need to do otherwise the system crosses it out and all i see is XXXXXXXXXXX

Put the A directly infront of the pnc number without the space and then i can get it.

Eg A912345678

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel I cannot understand why this happens In my first email I detailed the AEG Santo with a sk no.problem there that so try again or maybe I could phone you the number PNC ********* .

my tel no. ***********

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Its happening because the system thinks its a phone number or email adresse as we are not allowed contact on phone as its only on here.

So every time you post the pnc number its thinks its a phone number and crosses it out.

So you have to post the pnc number as ive shown you above. Put the A directly infront of the number without any spaces just like this A91234567 and that way i will see it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel. my no is nine two three four one five three nine seven.

this way may work. I have upgrade my PC with a new desk top as of Xmas . I beleive your web site is being treated as APPS>. which bemay be my problem .Thanks again for trying.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now. Its a site issue that causes the blocking out of numbers so it may well be what you said but i havent a clue to be honest.

But as to the fault on your appliance the 0 on the display is a temperture sensor fault. But im afraid on you model you cannot get the sensor as its foamed into the liner.

So what they have done is made a control board conversion kit which you need to replace the control board and this takes over from the temperture sensor.

The control board will come as a kit and instructions that shows you how to replace it as it involves changing the wiring around in there.

The part number for the control board kit for your model is 50286482000

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel Many thanks for clearing up this problem .Where CAN I get this spare part. and could I or a electrician do it in house. Or should I consider buying a new Inter fridge AFTER TEN YEARS. JOHN

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

For the part click the link below and you can get it direct from AEG themselves.

But it isnt a cheap part. As its about £150 for so the aeg and price of the part its something to way up as to weather its worth it.

As for fitting it if you are handy at diy ad have a soldering iron then you can try it as it comes with instructions how to do it. Put it does involve in modifing the wires in there.

http://shop.aeg.co.uk/product/50286482000/PCB+Service+Kit+-+A2

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.