Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just purchased (on the advice of the Baileys of Verwood

I have just purchased (on the advice of the Baileys of Verwood Assistant) a Bosch Washing machine Vario Perfect WAQ 283S 1GB/06 but find that the washing comes out of the machine rather stiff. I put the same amount of Comfort Pure into the centre compartment as I used in my previous Hotpoint Machine which gave me excellent results. What can I do to get better results? I have tried increasing the amount of soft rinse with very little effect???
The machine was much more expensive than the Hotpoint machine I could have purchaesed and I am very disappointed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
What cycle do you use on this washer?
Also on your old Hotpoint what spin speed was that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cotton 40 degrees speed perfect

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok have you tried a wash cycle without the speed perfect turned on?
Also what spin speed was your old washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not tried it without the speed perfect.

The Old washer had a 1600 speed not available on Bosch.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the old washer was faster then its a bit strange how this is coming out harder then the old washer.
Try a wash cycle but without the speed perfect as sometimes fast washes are not always the best wash results.
Try it without that and let me know what they come out like from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Daniel

Tried that but it is no different the washing is still stiff

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok just a though you not putting to much softner in as if you do it can drain itself out before the final rinse when it should be taken.
On your next wash when you put the softner in keep checking the dispenser drawer through out the cycle and make sure its not taking the softner sooner as it should only take it on the last rinse so check that and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is disappearing well before that

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's going to be the problem here. As its taking the softner sooner then it should do.
Check your water pressure to the washer as if its high pressure getting in there then the force of the water can take the softner sooner then it should.
Turn the lever on the tap down a little as this will restrict the water flow in there and see if this makes a difference.
But if its still the same then you may need to get Bosch in and they will need to check the dispenser unit as the fault will lie in there as its taking the softner sooner then it should.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I will give it a go and let you know.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.