KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I added an item to my Bosch dishwasher when it was in mid cycle.

I added an item to my Bosch dishwasher when it was in mid cycle. When I closed there there was a popping sound and it went dead. I've checked plug fuse and socket and both are OK. The Dishwasher is 9 years old so don't want spend much on getting it repaired.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

The number on the door is

Customer:

SGS43TD58GB/21 the batch number is *****

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks for that...is it completely dead or it starts and then stops ?

Customer:

Completely dead

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, it seems the control board has shorted and will need replacement ... a new one will cost around £130 + labor

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to repair this yourself ?

Customer:

No I think its replacement time. What do you think caused control board shorting.

KevinWhiteJA :

it seems something shorted out...if you want you can remove the cover plate to check the wiring and closely check if any wires are shorted out

Customer:

Where is the cover plate

KevinWhiteJA :

with the appliance unplugged...you can remove the kick panel below the dishwasher ... there you will the cover plate...check the wiring connections there...if those are fine then the board inside the door will need replacement

Customer:

Ok Thanks Kevin. I'll have a look but if wires are OK I think i'd rather put £130 towards a new one. 9 years trouble free, heavy usage isn't bad from a dishwasher.

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance