Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

My Kingavon gas fire will light, but as soon as I release the

large brown plunger the gas... Show More
large brown plunger the gas fire goes out and will not stay on. Please can you help? Loena Sheppard
Show Less
Michael, Customer Service
replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

hello good morning

Michael :

Leona, this is a failed component

Michael :

it is a safety device

Michael :

it is called a thermocouple,

Michael :

what it does is when the unit doesnt detect the flame, it shuts down the gas flow

Michael :

WHen they fail, on this unit as with most, this is result you will have

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A as I havent seen a response from you;-)

Michael, Customer Service replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
hello good morning
Leona, this is a failed component
it is a safety device
it is called a thermocouple,
what it does is when the unit doesn't detect the flame, it shuts down the gas flow When they fail, on this unit as with most, this is result you will have
I can help you fix this if you are a bit handy and have a few basic tools.
Please let me know;-)
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Please can you help solve the problem? Husband is a handyman when required.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

can we repair this ourselves please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

still waiting for your reply. Loena

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

You have not replied to me asking how we can fix this. Regards ***** *****

Hi Im sorry for the delay just been a real busy morning here;-)
Yes you can fix this and I will help. The best place to get a new thermocouple is Calor Spares. I have listed their phone contact information for you below.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please call Calor Spares:
0844(###) ###-####
Contact Center opening times
Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help but the number you gave me do not stock calor gas spares. I have done some research on it and have sent an E-mail to a firm in Sully, near Cardiff. Thank you for identifying the problem. Regards,

Loena Sheppard.

s