Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a towel rail which I would like to convert to an oil

Customer Question

I have a towel rail which I would like to convert to an oil filled electrically heated rail. Can you supply the oil and the heating element. Or could you undertake this task
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Sorry this is just a question and answer site. Get a local guy , recommended by family o friends

JACUSTOMER-rz1pzwuc- :

I have a good plumber & electrician who could do the fitting work. The question is, is it OK to fill the rail with Diathermic Oil as opposed to water. And where can I buy the oil and suitable heating element

Customer:

Hi , do you now want me to give you the answer to that question when you have rated poor?

JACUSTOMER-rz1pzwuc- :

Yes

Customer:

Lol. Well your have to give a better rating then. Why convert to oil? If you want oil one , you will have to cap of the existing water pipes and remove the existing towel rail. Fit the new oil one in its place and connect with electricity

Customer:

Or you could keep the old one and add a electric towel rail heating element to it.

Customer:

Sorry but am on my way to visit a friend in hospital , will be back around 3pm

Customer:

Hi , if happy with your answer would you mind rating it , thanjs