Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I am a writer and I'm writing a story about a plumber who goes

Customer Question

I am a writer and I'm writing a story about a plumber who goes in to mend a boiler that's not firing up. Can you give me the simplest reason for that boiler to be beyond repair, and dangerous ir reconnected, needing to be replaced, and how would you detect that fault?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi , I'm a plumber who writes a bit as well.

Customer:

Hi if the case is rusty , damaged. And leaking flue gasesgases ( potential carbon monoxide poisoning).poisoning. you could detect the fault through condensation/ damp in the cupboard or above the boiler.

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

OK. I need a bit more info though (for £27.00!!!)

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

So, you see the condensation on top of the boiler and you immediately test for leaking flue gases. How do you test, and what with?

Customer:

Thats dollars not pounds

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

OK, for $27.00, I would like some more info :) pretty please

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

Come on – tell me everything you know and I'll rate you a super smiley face

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

And actually, I just checked my mail and it is GBP

Customer:

As part of your gas quals , you are trained to look out for that. If suspected you would test with a gas flue analyser ( part of gas engineers kit) . this gives a reading for carbon monoxide levels . anything above a certain level then that's I'd ( immediately dangerous) disconnection ,with the agreement with the customer. If they don't agree then Transco are called and they dig up the gas line outside and cap it off. Most customers therefore tend to consent. I am just about to visit a mate ( boiler engineer ) at hospital so can't talk that long , later on I can

Customer:

If that's 27 pound them why are they paying me in dollars and only paying 18 dollarsdollars . anyway

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

OK. Cheers. Could you msg me when you're back and I'll ask more questions if I may. Hope your mate's OK. If he's up to it you can pass on my question to him too, haha

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

Ask them. Get a raise. My super smiley face can be your ammunition

Customer:

Internet got cut boff then lol. Will be back about 3. Is that ok for ye?

JACUSTOMER-gkav9dj5- :

I suppose so. I'll post what I've written and you can check it out. See you later.

Customer:

Sounds good

Customer:

Hi , would you mind rating your answer , thanks

Customer:

Poor service? Why such a low rating?. If you needed more info you could have just asked. Why rip people off