canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Light in my fridge will not go off when closing the door. Just

Customer Question

Light in my fridge will not go off when closing the door. Just fitted a new switch which was ordered from espares connected the two wires and pressed the switch and light remained on. I don't think that theres much more I can do is there? Thanks Janine
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. When you push the switch does the light dim?

JACUSTOMER-9y4amnhx- :

No the light does not dim

Customer:

Did the old switch look like it had any scorch mark on it?

JACUSTOMER-9y4amnhx- :

No marks just changed it as felt it could be the swtich causing the problem

Customer:

I sure was a logical choice. I would have suggested the same. Check out the PCB for a loose connection. Either there is a loose connection on the board or broken wire going to the board or the PCB is failed. Hopefully it is just a loose connector on the board.

JACUSTOMER-9y4amnhx- :

The fridge is a Neff and is built in integrated type. Where is the PCB/board take it I have got to pull it out, is it at the back by the motor? Janine

Customer:

There is a panel on the back, yes.

JACUSTOMER-9y4amnhx- :

Ok will try and get it out tomorrow and look for the panel on the back and check for lose wires and let you know if ok?

Customer:

Excellent.

Customer:

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?