Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch 1200 classixx not working properly. On 11 min spin cycle

Customer Question

Bosch 1200 classixx not working properly. On 11 min spin cycle it starts then after 1 min timer reads 0:01 and it stops. washing cycles run but doesn't seem to be any spin action
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If the drum isn't spinning and from what you say with the time this is more then likely worn carbon brushes in the motor.
What you need to do is remove the back panel and remove the motor from the bottom of the drum.
At the back of the motor either side are the carbon bushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.
Ive done many of them on Bosch washers so check them and see what find and im sure it will be worn brushes in there.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel.

I will check that tomorrow. The wife has said to me that a wash and spin cycle was completed successfully, and then a spin only cycle was selected the spin speed knob was turned to a a lower spin speed.

Would it have anything to with turning the spin speed knob. this is not used very often so could it be connected?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. I had logged out by the time you had replied.
As to the dial you say. All this does is reduce the spin speedir doesn't fully cancel it out and if you turn it back again it should spin.
Now if it is down to that then it's a complete control board you need here which is an expensive part.
But try the wash cycle again with it empty and see if the drum turns at all. If there's no movement from it then check the carbon brushes in the motor and see what you find.