KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

when we programme our dishwasher it doesn't complete the programme

Customer Question

when we programme our dishwasher it doesn't complete the programme - it gets stuck at 1 minute to go and just continues to wash
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-7er37kbg- :

HI Kevin

JACUSTOMER-7er37kbg- :

it is a small siemens dishwasher. the number on the instruction booklet is 9000 236 264 (8701) and I assume this is the model number. not sure how old it is about 10 years we think. all of the programmes are now going wrong, they keep giving incorrect times remaining and the rotor arms don't seem to work now. I suspect it is a micro chip problem

Customer:

Thanks for that ... nothing comes up with that model number... it seems that there is water in the base, with the dishwasher unplugged please pull it out and then lay it on its back by around 45 degrees...after this is done plug it back and check if it works again.

JACUSTOMER-7er37kbg- :

Sorry that didn't work. we are going out to buy a new dishwasher :(

Customer:

OK, if that did not work the heating element might have to be replaced however, looking at the age of this appliance it is better to buy a new one

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks