Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Bosch Classixx 1200 Express Washing Machine - The machine no

Customer Question

Bosch Classixx 1200 Express Washing Machine - The machine no longer completes a full wash cycle. When any wash cycle is selected the machine timer counts down to 1 minute then carries on cycling. The machine does not rinse or spin on any wash cycle. The machine will rinse and/or spin when a physical selection is made. The machine continues to give good results but physical selection is required to complete the cycle.
I have a feeling it may be the motherboard / selector / programmer.
I have checked the cost of replacement items and feel my money would be better spent on a new machine.
Can you give me a steer in the right direction?
many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
How old is your washer?
Also when it runs do the cycles appear to be running correctly with respect to speed, and draining?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The washer is 7/8 years old. The cycle seems to be running fine except that it does not drain or rinse or spin on any of the wash cycles

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting to hear from you. I tried contacting Just Answer, but got no reply from them either. Don't know if it helps or not but the machine reference numbers are - WF02466 GB/07 FD 8412 601661

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sam, we are in different time zones so thats why its taken me longer to respond, i wrote to you early yesterday morning from here in the US;-)
What you have is a failed main control board.
Its pretty easy to replace and I will assist you with that.
If you are a little handy and have some basic tools you can do this in about an hour or less even with no prior experience.
The best place to get a new main control board for your washer is Ransom Spares.
Here is their phone # ***** its best to call them to order this part. Make sure to tell them you want one with a pre programmed PROM IC.
Please call: 0844(###) ###-#### ***** usually ship the same day you call if you are early enough;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Sam!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the info Michael. I've been in touch with Ransom and I'm waiting to hear if they can help. I'm an ex aircraft engineer (old / retired) so should have no difficulty changing the board. However, if I have any problems I'll be in touch. Thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sam , I'm sure you will do fine;-)
but if you need me I'm here!
Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
w