Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Brand new whirlpool AWM 320. CAN'T GET IT TO START. CHECKED

Brand new whirlpool AWM 320. CAN'T GET IT TO START. CHECKED HOSES, CHILDPOOF LOCK, POWER OK. ANYTHING ELSE WE COULD TRY PLEASE?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you start a new cycle, does the door actually lock?

Can you hear the machine humming?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is at a flat we rent out Rob so I am not there now. I can't remember hearing any humming though. Door seems a bit loose.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann

OK,
First thing to check is that the water has been turned on where the hose connects to the mains water.
Secondly check that the door is closed firmly.
Often on a new machine the door is stiff so the lock doesnt operate.
If all OK, you will have to get the shop to replace it or Whirlpool to come and repair it as it will be covered under warranty and anything else you do, would invalidate the warranty

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob