Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Indesit KD6C35. . Two days ago I accidently closed the

Customer Question

Indesit KD6C35.
Hi. Two days ago I accidently closed the door of the top oven whilst the grill was on and left it for c. 15 minutes. Consequently the grill still works but the bottom element in the floor appears to be dead. If I turn on the top oven dial to max the red light comes on briefly then goes out. Tried switching off the full unit overnight but the problem persists. Have I fried the element or a thermostat ?
Simon Collett-Jones
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

Hi Collett are you here?

Michael :

this sounds like the lement is all that is bad;-)

Michael :

element sorry for the typo,

Michael :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-3c3dulj4- :

Yes. Everything else still works. Bit strange that it was the bottom element that's gone when it was the grill element in the roof that was left on. No doubt it will cost a fortune to fix.

Michael :

Hi no really, the element is inexpensive and easy to replace;-)

Michael :

if you have tools and would like to do this yourself i can help

Michael :

the element is about the cheapest part that could fai as well

Michael :

fail

JACUSTOMER-3c3dulj4- :

Thinking about diy option. Presumably screws at the front need undoing to get access to the element ? How long would it take ? What is the best place to buy an element from and it's likely cost ?

Michael :

it is pretty easy to do if you are careful. And be sure not to lose the two wires that connect to the element back into the hole. If you do, then you will need to remove the unit from the wall and open the back cover.

Michael :

But if you are careful that shouldnt happen

Michael :

The job should take about 20 minutes if you have never done one before but I will still be here to assist you with that;-) no additional cost once you rate my service

Michael :

Also do you need a source for that element?

JACUSTOMER-3c3dulj4- :

Thanks for your help Michael. Will discuss with my wife this evening. Yes, will probably need a source for the element. If I save this conversation presumably I will have an email address to come back to you if we decide to takes things further ?

Michael :

once you rate, i will send you a letter, you can get up with me anytime after that by simply replying to that message;-) Have a great day!

Michael :

please rate kindly at this time Tech Michael

JACUSTOMER-3c3dulj4- :

Thanks Michael

Michael :

;-)

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Simon, if you need me for anything please reply to this message;-)
Tech Michael Always happy to help;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael,

We haven't decided whether to replace the element or not.

Presumably we are at the point when you can send me fitting instructions so that I can proceed whenever I chose to ?

regards

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Simon, the element should have a couple of screws that hold the small mounting plate to the back wall of the oven do you see that?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael.

It's the bottom element that appears to have gone, not the top visible one. Checked the grill out and it's still works.

regards

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Simon, yes, its under the bottom if you have a draw it may be accessible that way, but usually you can lift the floor to get to it, see how yours is,use a good light. It will help greatly;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael,

There is no drawer under the top oven. The floor appears to be sealed in place with a lip from the front faceplate keeping it secure. There are screws above and below the side hinges for the top door. It looks like the entire black stove enamel interior is one unit and needs to be removed to access the elements.

Going out now. Speak Saturday.

regards

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok Simon we can chat then;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael.

Have looked carefully at the Indesit Cooker. There appears to be four screws holding all the black stove enamel interior in place. However as the door hinges are attached to this the screws there would need removing two. Even if all this is done there appears to be insufficient space to remove the total cooker liner. Looks like the white facia behind the dials would need removing to give enough space. Alternatively perhaps there is way in round the back ? All looks rather complicated and time consuming to me so will probably leave it all alone.

regards

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Simon, the rear bottom would allow for better access but let me know if you want to do all that.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael.

have decided not to do anything as it seems to much hassle.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, ok, but if you change your mind please let me know and I will assist you with this repair;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
i
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is George..

Ensuring firstly that the clock is set to manual cooking.... Does the top element come on when you turn the element onto OVEN setting (not the grill setting)?

If not, then it is likely that the oven is not turning on and therefore it is more likely to be the thermostat control or thermal cut-out that is the problem. Which of these would be at fault I don't know as the parts would need testing with the correct tools to diagnose properly and for this you should call an engineer to assist.

If you need to find an engineer local to you then I can assist, just ask.

However;

If the top element does come on when you select OVEN (not grill), then the base oven element of top oven can be accessed from the rear of the cooker by turning off the power to the appliance and removing the back panel.. The element is screwed in underneath the top oven cavity and is immediately accessible with the back panel of the cooker removed.

Here is a purchase link to the Base Grill Oven Element

DISCOUNT

When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

If you need further advice on fitting this part I can assist.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi from what I can see and all that you have told me, the problem is a failed element. Sorry for the confusion from the other tech.
Have a great day, and remember I'm here if you need me;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael.

Update on my twin oven Indesit. I turned it off at the socket for half an hour and then switched on the top oven. The light came on for a few minutes and both the top and bottom elements got warm. Then it switched itself off. This suggests it's the thermostat that has gone. How fiddly is this to replace ?

regards

Simon

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Simon, its easy to replace the T stat.
Should be just a couple of screws.
Try that it may do the trick, but if not, the issue would be the main control.
Have a great weekend!
Tech Michael