Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Neff integrated fridge which is about 30 years old

Customer Question

I have a Neff integrated fridge which is about 30 years old and the motor has burned out. I have been told it is unrepairable. I am gutted as it has been a really good fridge and never gone wrong before. The problem is that I have a decorative panel fitted on the front and I have been told it is not possible to fit these to new models. As I do not have any spare kitchen doors this has become a problem. I cannot afford to go down the new kitchen route. I do not know if there is anywhere I might be able to get hold of a motor to fit my existing fridge - I have tried to look on the internet as I found a grill element to fit my old Neff oven that way.
The model number is ***** E-Nr.621358822 F-022053064
I would be grateful for any advice you might be able to give me.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

Hi Linda, are you here?

Michael :

are you in the US or the UK?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A since I havent seen a reply from you, it works better in my opinion;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Linda, are you here?
Are you in the US or the UK?
I will switch us to Q & A since I haven't seen a reply from you, it works better in my opinion;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am in the UK

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Linda, when you say motor, are you referring to the compressor?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The repair person said it was the terminals in the motor

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Linda, I believe they were talking about the compressor.
I have been a refrigeration technician for over 30 years now and
there really are two ways you can go here.
One if you really love the fridge and do not want to replace it or worry about the decorative paneling you can call a good appliance repair Tech local to you, they can locate a suitable replacement compressor for yo. It will need to be custom installed in the unit but that is really not too big a deal so the cost shouldn't be too high. Maybe about $ 3,4 hundred dollars at the most labor included.
Or you can replace the entire fridge and have a carpenter figure a way to afix the old panel to the new fridge.
Really thats the best way to go about this is your choice depending on how much you can spend on this project.The original compressor is no longer available but there are replacements that will work just fine;-)
I would try that route.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Linda ;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How will I know what replacements are suitable for this model in order that I can research the internet. I can see from your reply that you are not in the UK.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am in the US but these model apply to the US ones as well with a few changes, voltage mainly. The best thing to do is to have the tech come out and check for you. But if you can read the information from the compressor please send that to me I will see what is a suitable replacement for you;-)
Or the tech may be able to find a better one being that he can see the way the old compressor is fitted.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To be honest you haven't really told me any more than I already knew. I was hoping you might have known where I might get hold of a replacement part. I cannot understand why the decorative panels no longer fit these built-in fridges.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Linda,
I wish I had better news for you but the company just doesn't carry or make that part as with most appliance companies no a days. Usually they only supply parts now for about 5 years :-(
The panels all have different methods of attachment, but a good carpenter can figure a way to mount the panels. I'm no carpenter but even I could do that much provided the doors are the same size style.
I'm here if there is anything else I can help you with.
Tech Michael