George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, my newly acquired 2nd hand hotpoint hv7f140 panel lights

Customer Question

Hello, my newly acquired 2nd hand hotpoint hv7f140 panel lights up as it should when the on/off button is pressed, the start/pause button light is flashing but the machine won't come on when you press start, the door is closed, delayed start is not on and the child lock is off, any ideas? Thanks Lisa
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me , is the door locked or open?

JACUSTOMER-np6oq9f5- : The door is not locked but closed.
JACUSTOMER-np6oq9f5- : Sorry for the late reply my phone would not show your reply, had to try on the pc.
George-Allsorts :

Then I need you to check the motor brushes on the appliance... If the motor brushes are a good length then it is likely that either the interlock has gone and needs replacing.

Hotpoint Washing Machine Door Interlock

George-Allsorts :

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

Lisa, if you cannot check the motor brushes and feel you need an engineer to call out, then please let me know and I can assist you with this.