Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have an IQ300 Dishwasher (SN 26M853 GB) which is not washing

Customer Question

We have an IQ300 Dishwasher (SN 26M853 GB) which is not washing well, possibly because much of the tablet still remains in the basket after the wash. Is there a simple remedy ?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Does the tablet stay in the dispenser or does it drop onto the floor of the dishwasher?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It stays in the small basket which is part of the top shelf

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robin

Sorry, Im confused !
Do you not put the tablet in the door dispenser?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Yes, it goes into the door dispenser. On the front of the top wire shelf there is a basket that the tablet drops into from the dispenser and after a programme has finished much of the tablet remains unused.

Robin

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Ive just had a look at the top rack. Does the tablet drop into the handle part odf the top rack?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it does

Robin

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

If you look at the top of the spray arm attached to the top rack, there should be a hole which sprays water directly onto the tablet
Make sure that this hole and all the others are clear and there is no obstruction.
This should then allow the jet of water to dissolve the tablet.

If this still gives a problem, It may well just be easier to out the tablet on the floor of the dishwsher at the start of the wash cycle, so that it will dissolve completely and give a better wash result

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Out of interest, it turned out that the hollow arms in the dishwasher had a number of lemon pips inside, which quite naturally blocked the jets of water. Easily avoided in future, but a surprise they weren't picked up by the filters.

Thanks for your help

Robin

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robin
well done

Lemon pips and seeds have a terrible way of finding there way through!!

ALl the best

Rob