George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an electrolux front koader, timer saver machine

Hi I have an electrolux front koader, timer saver machine - it has stopped mid cycle, I cannot open the door, but I also cannot locate the manual drain - there is nothing on the front of the machine where you normally find it and I have looked all round the machine with no luck. Where would I find it please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The reason that you can not open the door is that the appliance is still full of water and there are devices in the appliance to prevent the door opening when this is the situation unless you disconnect the power.

George-Allsorts :

Please supply the model number of the appliance and the Product code from the label and I shall then be able to help you further

Customer:

The model number is ***** the door and cannot be seen. I have disconnected the power with no luck. There is no obvious manual drain with this model, so how can I drainthe machine?

George-Allsorts :

If you pull the appliance out, the model number and PNC will be on a label on the rear of the appliance

Customer:

It has Electrolux Time saver 7kg on the actual machine

George-Allsorts :

You may also find a short model on the fascia panel

Customer:

OK i'LL LOOK

Customer:

EWP147100W is all I can find

Customer:

That was on the energy rating label

George-Allsorts :

That'll do.. .. One moment please

Customer:

George-Allsorts :

OK.. This is one of the new type where the filter is in the inside of the appliance... On this type of model you need to get to the rear of the appliance

George-Allsorts :

Can you do this?

Customer:

I have pulled the machine away from the wall

George-Allsorts :

Is the hose plumbed into the drainage under the sink or is it into an exterior drain?

Customer:

No it's not under the sink it goes directly into a pipe leading to the drain

George-Allsorts :

OK.. what you need to do to drain this model type is to put the end of the hose into a bucket as low to the floor as possible, then undo the retainer that is half way up the drain hose that holds it to the machine... Then, lowering the hose toward the floor, the water will start to drain from the appliance

Customer:

OK I will go and give it a go ........

George-Allsorts :

Let me know if you have any further problems with it...

Otherwise, can I ask you to rate the assistance given today by using the smiley faces that you can see

Customer:

Any clues as to how I undo the retainer? Do you need a special tool?

George-Allsorts :

Which type is it.. there are three types

Customer:

The hose is contained entirely within the catch..and it isn't a screw holding it in place, very difficult to describe

George-Allsorts :

One moment.. I'll have a look to see if the diagrams identify the type you have

Customer:

Sorry I am not very clear

George-Allsorts :

According to the information for your model, the retainer that holds the hose against the body of the appliance is held by a 10mm nut that needs to be undone to lower the hose

Customer:

Thank you I will need to get a 'spanner' to open it?

George-Allsorts :

Also, there are some that hold the hose by clipping together... Being careful not to puncture the drain hose, use a screwdriver to open the clip

Customer:

No I think this has the nut - thank you I will see if we have a tool for the job! Thank you very much.