KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Whirlpool AW09..washing machine.i interrupted the

I have a Whirlpool AW09..washing machine.i interrupted the program,and now I can't any lightson at all I have pressed start and pause and also the reset button ,but I can't get a response.I have checked the fuse in the plug.I have taken the half washed clothes .What can I do ? Shaun
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Shaun, how old is this washer ?

Customer:

I don't know 3 years old but it was working perfectly before I interrupted the program.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, and is it completely dead or it starts to fill ?

Customer:

It seems completly dead.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, and have you tried to plug it in another socket ?

Customer:

I I have checked the fuse on the plug and it is working.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, if you have already tried to clean the drain pump assembly and there is no water inside the washer then the problem is with the control board that will need replacement

Customer:

There is still water inside the washer because I stopped the program by accident...

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, with the washer unplugged please pull it out and clean the drain pump hose assembly

KevinWhiteJA :

make sure nothing is blocked there

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

The machine is fitted in between units and would be hard to get out

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, cleaning the drain pump might solve the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

if it does not then replacing the control board is recommended

Customer:

When you say might you are not sure.

KevinWhiteJA :

yes because the control board wont light and it is completely dead

KevinWhiteJA :

if cleaning the drain pump will not solve the problem then you will have to replace the control

Customer:

Were is the drain pump??

KevinWhiteJA :

located at the bottom towards the right

Customer:

I won't be able to do this till tomorrow.because I have to go to work soon .How do I stand with you guys.about your future advice??

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service...Thanks

Customer:

I won't be able to do this until tomorrow..

KevinWhiteJA :

OK

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know how it goes

Customer:

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistanc

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi have taken the washing machine out. The machine had some water in it which was stopped by a ball in the pipe under the drum which I drained out.Do i have to clean the pump? I plugged it in without the pipe connected to the drum but still no lights Shaun

Hi, yes please clean the drain pump... also if you can take off the top panel, remove the connectors from the control one by one and connect them back again. After this is done plug it back and let me know if it works ... Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I have done all that and still no lights Shaun

Shaun, then the control board will need replacement ... Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Were could i get one? Shaun

You can contact Whirlpool at #0844(###) ###-####to buy the parts ... Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your helpKevin. After 7 days of my free trial How do I cancel the £37 per month You have my card details,,Shaun

I am sorry you will have to contact customer support for that
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you got their number ?Shaun

Yes, you can Call our Toll-Free Customer Service .... Available 9 am to 6 pm
United Kingdom #0808-168-0054