Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

we have a Bosch washing machine WFX2867GB/06. Today when

Customer Question

Hi we have a Bosch washing machine WFX2867GB/06. Today when putting it on a wash cycle after an initial water short fill, it stop and goes no further.
There is a small click heard every minute, from a relay I think just behind the digital display.
Any thoughts on what it may be?
Thanks in anticipation ***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you set the washer to a spin only cycle will the drum turn at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried it, and NO it does not start the spin cycle.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you may find is this is down to worn carbon brushes in the motor. The clicking you hear is the relay on the control board as thats when the drum should be turning.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel. From there you will see the motor at the bottom. You need to remove this and then at the back either side you will see the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down.

If so then you need to replace them and that should get the washer up and running again from there.

Try that and see what you find, If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks your advice Sat was spot on. Replaced bushes in Bosch washing machine all now works. Will call you again. David Coventry UK
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Nice one, Glad to hear thats sorted it and thanks for letting me know how it went.