Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

DeDietrich Hood Model DHG377XP13 : I suspect that the electronic

Customer Question

DeDietrich Hood Model DHG377XP13 : I suspect that the electronic switch may have failed (it had been sticking or "hit& miss" about turning on the fan). I expect there is not easy way to very without a multimeter ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

One this particular model instead of it being a normal switch it is a electronic pcb switch panel connected by a ribbon cable to the control board. Generally as an engineer I would change the pcb as a matter of course so no in this case a multimeter is not required ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

Likely cost of taking your recommended course of action ?

Dales-Electronic :

Are we talking about You doing it Yourself?

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

Yes. No prior experience but willing.

Dales-Electronic :

The basic cost of the pcb = £38.08p and its a relatively easy job ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

I probably need to drop this unit down out of the hood/cabinet area to swap out the switch, right ?

Dales-Electronic :

Depending on how flexible you are you should be able to get the switch panel out whilst in situ ~ then all you have to do is remove the covers and change over the pcb ~ refit into the covers and replace - Ian

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

I worry about damaging the ribbon terminal connection if unsighted. Is there any tip/trick to detaching this without brute force ?

Dales-Electronic :

The ribbon cable is held in place by the covers so you shouldn't have a problem with that, but the ribbon is available is as a separate part also ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

Can you advise where to source the PCB switch from ?

Dales-Electronic :

Give me a moment ~~

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

Is this the item ?

JACUSTOMER-2dzr12mk- :

http://www.buy-spares.ie/cooker-hood/dhg377xp13/electronic-card-pcb/product.pl?pid=1400269&shop=dedietrich&path=113264&model_ref=251776

Dales-Electronic :

Leave this one with me and I will come back to you tomorrow - that's the pcb but I may be able to get it for you cheaper if you give me a short while, you can pay over the internet and I'll give you a discount code to reduce the cost. item will be delivered direct to your home ~ Ian