George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how to bypass the timer on a smeg A2 oven

Customer Question

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you get a photo of the clock connections and I'll tell you how to bypass

JACUSTOMER-1s3ft2z4- :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

To bypass the Timer Relay join C & D.. which bypasses the large white relay to the right of the picture.

The problem you have though is likely to be an issue with the grey relay at the bottom of the picture failing

JACUSTOMER-1s3ft2z4- :

will joining c & d together bypass this relay

George-Allsorts :

C&D will bypass the timer relay... if the problem then still exists then you will need to change the timer or try changing the large grey relay

George-Allsorts :

-----------------------
Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problem

JACUSTOMER-1s3ft2z4- :

Sorry George but although not your fault oven is still not working, and I still have to buy a new timer at £160.00 as I have already tried to joining wires C & D together and No joy.

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask why you rated Poor Service.. Your request was how to bypass the Timer.. This is what information I gave you.. I just opted to give you a little extra