Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an aeg microwave oven model MCC3881EM, the clock

I have an aeg microwave oven model MCC3881EM, the clock works, the light comes on sometimes, when opening the door. But it won't work. Won't start, can scroll through programmes, but nothing starts ?    Email address***@******.***

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If the microwave is starting then what you need to do is pull it out onto a work bench or unit and remove the top panel.

Then before touching anything at all in there you need to discharge the high voltage capacitor as they can store high voltage in there even when they are unplugged.

Then look behind the control panel and you will see the board. On there is a wiring block. Pull this out and inspect the pins. As what happens a lot on these is the wiring block burns and causes bad contacts in there and stops it from working.

If this has happened then you need to replace the control board and the complete wiring harness in there. This is quite a common fault on these as ive replaced loads of them on these.

So check that and see what you find and let know. Or if you need anymore info just get back to me.