Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have had my icona mc 18months but have hardly used

I have had my icona mc for about 18months but have hardly used it as I could not find ese pods until recently, however I have now managed to purchase these and tried using my mc with. No success. As I have not had a coffee maker before I did not know what to expect but after 2 cups of coffee and much frustration I am finding that the heater is heating the water for the steam and that is working as I would expect but the coffee dribbles out of the filter and then stops(not even a cup full) Can you give me an idea of what is happening, I have cleaned all the filters etc(we are in a hard water area) and unblocked holes etc but to no avail. The machine is virtually unused and I do not want to throw it away if I don't have to, can you help?
Regards Linda
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda,
May I have the full model # ***** your coffee maker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes the model number isECOV310.GR
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Linda,
When you put in a full cup of water how much of it will expel through the filter into the cup?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, it expels about half an inch of water which has dripped very slowly. Sorry I didn't get your reply until late are you able to help with this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I am ok to continue with the same person if he is still online today I was unable to get back to him yesterday before he went offline and a m wondering if he is still able to help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please see my original communication, unfortunately Michael appears to have been offline so I have not had further information
Linda
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda I'm sorry I was off yesterday.
We can continue if you like?
Please let me know.
The problem may very well be a blockage, as I suspect in the pump system. Have you tried de scaling they coffee maker a few times?
Also let me know if you need advice on doing that?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, yes that's fine Thankyou. In answer to your question yes I have tried descaling it but only once, I will try again now.
Linda
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda, sometimes it takes a few runs.
What are you using to descale?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael
That appears to have done the trick,Thankyou. You asked what de scaler it am using I have just ran out and wondered what sort you would recommend for future use?
Linda
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi your very welcome ;-) Make a mixture of 3 cups white vinegar to 6 cups water-- enough to fill the pot. For a stronger solution (which might be necessary if this is the first time you've cleaned your coffee maker since you got it three years ago) make a mixture that is half vinegar and half water instead. Please rate my service to you kindly at this time and have a wonderful day , enjoy your coffee ;-) Thank you Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Linda,
I dont know if you got this message?
"Hi your very welcome ;-) Make a mixture of 3 cups white vinegar to 6 cups water-- enough to fill the pot. For a stronger solution (which might be necessary if this is the first time you've cleaned your coffee maker since you got it three years ago) make a mixture that is half vinegar and half water instead. Please rate my service to you kindly at this time and have a wonderful day , enjoy your coffee ;-) Thank you Tech Michael"
If you get that this time, please rate my service to you so we can close this question for you;-)
Thank you Linda.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.