Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Anthony, my beko WMI71641 has stopped part way through a

Customer Question

Hi Anthony, my beko WMI71641 has stopped part way through a wash and the start arrow is flashing when I turn it on,. I have emptied the machine and the filter is clear?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Customer:

Hi Anthony, welcome to just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

it was fitted new in Oct 15

Customer:

I believe Oct 14 :)

Customer:

Have you already tried these instructions to reset the controls:

Turn the power off from the washer not the wall
Then select 90 degrees wash
Press Start and Cancel button together and simultaneously turn the power on within 10 seconds
Leave the power on and select any spin position
Then Press and hold the Start and Cancel button at same time again for 10seconds - other buttons might flash - if they do, press Start and Cancel button together again for 10 seconds.

After this is done it should reset

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

sorry just back from mexico and jet lagged! no 2013 so 15 months old

Customer:

no problem, please try the reset procedure and let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

what is the reset procedure - can't find anything in the manual

Customer:

Then select 90 degrees wash

After this is done it should reset

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

I can't select a 90 degree wash without the machine being on on this model

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

also the start/cancel button is one button

Customer:

OK, please unplug it

Customer:

then plug it back after 3-4 minutes

Customer:

simultaneously press and hold the START/CANCEL button for 15 seconds

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

with the power on or off?

Customer:

power on

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

nothing happens. the display is showing spin speed 1200 temp 60 degrees with the c flashing and a time of 1:58

Customer:

OK, please try this now ...turn the knob to the 90 deg programme and then turn the washer off. After this press and hold the start/pause button and then simultaneously turn the washer on ...after this start light will flash ... now check 3 lights at the bottom and tell me which is flashing and which is lit. After this turn the washer off and try it again and see what happens then.

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

I don't have a ninety degree programme, the hottest default is cotton which is 80 - I have to change it to 90 with the temperature button which doesn't work with the machine off

Customer:

yes I can see a programme selector there for this model...so turn that to 80 and turn the washer off

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

ok so the first time I did it the start light didn't flash and there were no lights at the bottom The second time the number 1521 showed on the screen then all the symbols lit up

Customer:

OK, as the drain pump is clear and clean so it seems the heating element is bad and will need replacement

Customer:

as it is not 2 years old it is better to contact manufacturer for warranty

JACUSTOMER-9e084o1c- :

Your answers consistently applied to models other than mine which meant your instructions could not be followed. I am sorry but this means I have no faith in your eventual diagnosis.

Customer:

Well it seems you have not followed everything ... it is for same model not other models...