George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a WMD740 hotpoint washing machine that stopped before

I have a WMD740 hotpoint washing machine that stopped before a rinse cycle saying door open and a key symbol in display. door is shut properly so don't why error showing??
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

This happens when the door lock fails.. Here is a link to a new door lock and just hope that the lock has not damaged the PCB

Customer:

George - Thank you for getting back to me and providing a link for spare part. is this something that an engineer should change or would it be something I could do? Sarah

George-Allsorts :

You could possibly change the lock yourself... You will need instruction at the time.. However, if that doesn't sort your problem then the board will also need changing and that would require an engineer call..

I suggest that you try changing the lock yourself first...

-----------------
DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

Pleae remember to rate my assistance and I'll then assist you when you return to get help to change the lock

Customer:

Thank you George I will order the lock and then return! Thanks for the discount code too. Sarah