Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My IDL40 dishwasher handle broke. Have replaced but rebuilt

Customer Question

My IDL40 dishwasher handle broke. Have replaced but rebuilt but the progems are out of sinc - selected 3 and the machine rinses - can not obtain setting3 - eco wash.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your dishwasher?
What did you disassemble when replacing the handle?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is at least 5 years old.

I took the Fascia off took off switches etc and placed on new fascia and reassemled machine

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mike, did you remove the wire from the switches or somehow replace the switches in the wrong position?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I left the wiring on the switches

I do not think it is possible to reassemble in wrong position

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Mike, on some of them the early ones with that model had some with free switches that could easily be installed incorrectly lol.
Its possible the units main control is jumbled or may have failed.
But turn the power off for your dishwasher at the mains for 10 full minutes. Then back on. Try the dishwashers controls again. If this worked great please rate kindly, but if it doesn't please do not rte my service yet but simply reply to this message for further information.
Thanks Mike
Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have taken fascia off again - there is only one position for the control mechanism to fit.Reassembled and the machine will only rinse.

I suspect that the control mechanism has failed.

Is there a way I can check?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, yes that is correct, you will need to replace the main control board.
The best place to get that for price and quick delivery and reliability is:ransom spares. Phone # *****(###) ###-####
They also usually ship same day!
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Mike!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your time and efforts - Not your fault that the problem remains unresolved.

Will ring Ransom spares in the morning

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
sounds good Mike, I will be here if you need more help replacing the board ;-)
Have a great evening.
And please rate my service to you at this time.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael

I have no further questions but I can provide you with some information

Ransomes did not have a control board in stock and the alternative supplier wanted £75 so I decided I had spent enough on trying to repair an old machine and are now awaiting delivery of a new machine.

Thanks for your assistance.

mike

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike yes the main boards for these are expensive. And to tell the truth, yours was even a better cost. Some are close to $200.00.
In any case if you need me further, please let me know.
Teach Michael