Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch dishwasher model number SMS5032GB/11 seems to take

My Bosch dishwasher model number SMS5032GB/11 seems to take a very long time to fill with water. The controller seems to give up after a while and does not click round to start the cycle. I have checked supply and cleaned out the pipes etc.
My Name is ***** ***** and I am an retired naval and aircraft engineer.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony. and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your dishwasher?
also is it filling at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it fills, it take a very long time. for instance when starting from square one and it starts a fresh water wash it can take forever finally it will wash then stops starts to fill for the next cycle but again it takes for ever. The water pressure is fine from the mains and I swoped the cold inlet to check but the sound of water entering the machine is slow and low. it fanally fills but then it seems as though the timer has given up and you have to nudge it a segment to start again. This happens every sequence.From the point of view of age my wife and I were trying to work this out last night, all i have is the label off the machine numbers are SMS5032GB/11 and FD 7311 054622 we think it is about 12 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tony,
This sounds like a bad water inlet valve (solenoid) on the dishwasher.
They wear and get clogged over time. They are easy to replace;-)
It is an electrically operated valve that opens when the dishwasher is calling for a fill.
As I said, super easy to change out. It is located on the water line where the water supply enters the dishwasher underneath.
The best place to get one for price and shipping the same day you call is Espares , its best to call for this part;-)
Sales/Parts:
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Tony!
Tech Michael