Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

re: Toshiba Netbook NB500-11D. When typing anything (other

re: Toshiba Netbook NB500-11D. When typing anything (other than using the internet) i.e. emails, the cursor is a nightmare - it jumps all over the place unless I type each individual letter very very slowly. It even sends text into the address and all over the place. I am a trained typist so normally quick but even if I slow down and don't keep an eye on it, it starts playing up. I took it (slowly) nothing happened. My question is - can I do anything about it or is it a fault of my Netbook? Look forward to hearing. Roz Stringer.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi I am sorry to hear that

Michael :

how old is your computer?

Michael :

are you here?

Michael :

how old is your computer?

Michael :

I havent seen any response from you, so I will switch us to Q & A, it works better;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roz,
please reply to this message,
Hi I am sorry to hear that
how old is your computer?
Also what operating system do you use?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've had it for almost a year but it belonged to somebody for 6 months before me. Would more serial numbers help?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Roz, the problem you are having is unfortunately a virus.
The only two ways to fix this is either by getting a virus remover program, or you could do a complete restore on that system, I can help if you want o go that way.
But you will lose all your personal data but the computer will run like brand new day one again;-)
Please let me know what you would like to do?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I'm thinking, and will get back to you as soon as possible. My computer man should have fixed this before selling it to me, I would have thought. I will contact him and write to you ASAP. Roz.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes he should have.
But you can take it to him, if he is a nice guy he will load and run the scan tool to remove the virus;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Roz!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Tech Michael

Thank you so much for your advice. I am going to take it in to the computer shop and insist that he follow your guidelines as I feel, even though he says it was restored, he has sold me a pup and I need to get satisfaction from him or I will request he take it back. Kind regards. Roz .